Are you in the market for new windows? Maybe your old windows are cracked or broken, or perhaps you just want to improve the look of your home. Whatever it is, if you’re looking for a cost effective and energy efficient window replacement, custom vinyl windows are your best option. When compared to other frames such as wood or metal, vinyl windows outclass them all. So what’s the big deal with vinyl? Let’s dive in and find out.
What Are Vinyl Windows?
When talking about different materials for windows, you are talking about the structure of the window frame. Since window panes are all made of glass, the frame is what you can choose to customize for a different look. Our windows are made of sturdy, durable vinyl, much like your home’s siding. Typically, the material itself is called Polyvinyl Chloride, or PVC.
What are the Benefits of Vinyl Windows?
As we mentioned, when comparing PVC to other materials, vinyl usually comes out on top. Here are five reasons to get custom vinyl windows.
- Energy Efficiency: since the window frame will be custom molded to fit your space, you won’t have to worry about filling in any gaps between the frame and the wall. Also, vinyl is much better at retaining heat inside your home, making them much more energy efficient.
- Custom Designs: If you want your windows to stand out, perhaps you want to pick out a color scheme that boldly complements your home’s appearance. With custom vinyl windows, you can choose from a wide variety of designs and colors to match your preference and style.
- Low Maintenance: with vinyl, you don’t have to worry about the material rotting or decaying over time, like wood. PVC will retain its structural integrity for years and years without ever needing any maintenance and upkeep. Just wash it every so often, and it will stay looking like new.
- Better Look: even if you like the appearance of wood, vinyl can still help you out. This versatile material can be molded to resemble wood almost perfectly, meaning you can get the aesthetic of a wooden frame without any of the drawbacks.
- Easier to Install: since custom windows are made specifically for your home, the installation process is much simpler and more straightforward. Instead of putting a window in and then finding gaps, a custom vinyl window will create a perfect seal the first time, so it takes less time and money overall.
If you’re interested in getting custom vinyl windows, then contact us at California Deluxe Windows today. We can provide you with an estimate and go over all your options to make the right choice for your home.