Did you recently get custom vinyl windows and want to make sure that they’re always at their best? The windows we provide here at CDW can stand the test of time, yes. That said, there’s nothing wrong with doing some maintenance on your own, too. These are tips that have been proven to maintain custom vinyl windows in West Hollywood, East Hollywood, and anywhere else.
Vinyl windows are renowned for their virtually maintenance-free qualities, but like any feature in your home, they still require some attention. Cleaning these windows tends to involve a different approach than traditional ones.
Cleaning Tips for Vinyl Windows
- Before diving into the cleaning process, conduct a pre-cleaning inspection. Look out for potential issues like cracks or warping and address them promptly to maintain the longevity of your vinyl windows.
Gentle Detergent Mix:
- To kick off the cleaning process, prepare a mild solution using a small amount of detergent, like dish soap, mixed with warm water.
Soft Cloth or Sponge:
- Opt for a soft cloth or sponge when wiping down your custom vinyl windows. Abrasive materials such as steel wool can inadvertently scratch the surface, compromising their aesthetic appeal.
- Ensure a thorough cleaning by addressing both the interior and exterior of the windows. This ensures the removal of accumulated dirt and grime, enhancing the overall appearance.
Squeegee for a Streak-Free Finish:
- Utilize a squeegee to eliminate excess water and achieve a streak-free finish. This step enhances not only the visual appeal but also the clarity of the windows.
Say No to Harsh Chemicals:
- Steer clear of harsh chemicals like ammonia or bleach, as they can cause damage to the vinyl material. Stick to mild solutions to preserve the integrity of your windows.
- Extend your cleaning efforts to the window frames, using the same detergent solution applied to the glass. This ensures a consistent and polished look for the entire window structure.
Avoid High-Pressure Washing:
- Resist the temptation to use high-pressure washers, as the intense water pressure could compromise the window’s seals. Opt for gentler methods to preserve the structural integrity of your windows.
By adhering to these tips, you not only ensure the proper cleanliness of your windows but also contribute to their sustained efficiency.
Understanding the lifespan of vinyl windows involves considering various factors that can influence their durability. While these windows typically last 15 to 20 years, proper care and other determinants can extend their lifespan significantly.
Custom Vinyl Windows: A Long-Term Investment
Despite their already impressive lifespan, periodic professional inspections are advisable to assess functionality and determine if replacement is imminent. For those considering replacement, an in-home consultation with our experts will provide valuable insights into whether vinyl windows are the ideal choice for your home.
If you’ve been thinking about getting new windows, our vinyl windows can be customized, effective solutions. To schedule a free consultation, you can do so through our site or by giving us a call.